Hacene CHAIB is a photographer born in 23/11/1988. Native of the Algerian North-Eastern city “Annaba”, he was raised in a modest environment where education, knowledge and culture has an important place. After obtaining his university degrees, the self-taught artist devoted himself to his passion “photography” and to visual arts in general. With no formal training and without attending school of fine arts, his artistic career started with a first international photography festival as part of the Festival of the Touristic Spring held in El Guettar – Gafsa, Tunisia from March 21st to 24th 2014. Followed the training below:
– More than 08 months of hands on photography, cinematography and audiovisual production, with the cultural center «Mohamed Boudiaf» at Wilaya of Annaba, Algeria;
– A diploma in rehabilitation at the Chamber of Crafts and Craftsmanship (CAM Annaba) in photography;
– And a Certificate of professional proficiency in photography and photo-shooting (CMP) at the center of vocational training and apprenticeship – CFPA 08 Mai 45, Annaba, Algeria.
Hacene participated to more than 9 international events and more than 16 national events.
His short experience in the cinema started as a cameraman, script writer and machine stagehand in short and long Algerian films.
Initiated to 35mm photography by his father in his early childhood, Hacene discovered a his passion by taking photos of all the major family events.
What he enjoys working on most is: portraits of masters and craftsmen, memory work, photo essays, abstract and architectural photography. That does not prevent trying all photography topics and styles.
Photo Days (Les Journées de la Photo), 2nd edition. Organized by the French Institute of Annaba from February 18th to 21st 2014.
A photo workshop hosted by Nicolas Senega, Nadia Wicker, Anne Lê Tri and Houari Bouchenak.
Photo Days, 3rd edition. Organized by the French institute of Annaba between February 14th and 15th 2015.
Workshop Taking Photos of the Everyday – hosted by France KYSER.
Documentary photo workshop moderated by Romain LAURENDEAU on February 17th and 18th, 2015.
Workshop portrait; black & white in photography – animated by Fred TROBRILLANT.
- Photo Days, 4th edition, organized by the French Institute of Annaba on February 08 and 09 2016.
– Workshops with photographers Aurélien Gabriel COHEN and Abdo CHENANE.
- Training on creative entrepreneurial program “creation of artistic program”, organized by the association Cultural Star of Akbou, in partnership with the Algerian network of Anna Lindh Foundation for the inter cultural dialogue and with In Place Of War and the University of Manchester from March 10th to 16th 2016 at the Majestic Hotel in Akbou – Bejaia, Algeria.